Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowman Soup Packages - 75 done, 25 to go!

Snowman Soup Packages

 Many of you heard me talking about my Snowman Soup Packages on Twitter
over the weekend and asked to see a pic of how I put them together...


So far- with help from my little elves (5 and 7 yrs old)- we have 75 done with only 25 more to go....


The kids give them to their classmates, teachers and my son's therapists.
Its a handmade way to give everyone important in our lives a special treat at Christmas time..







Here is a close up of the poem I use...
I adapted it a bit from one I saw years ago.





And here are the contents:
Hot Chocolate Package, Candy Cane and a lil bag of mini marshmallows...







Here are some other poems that I have seen used:

"Was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Just add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!"

or...


 A little cup of cocoa,
         I'm sending your way,
         For you to sip and enjoy,
         On some cold lonely day.


         As you sip this cocoa,
         It's warmth will warm your heart.
         Just like our friendship warmed mine,
         Right from the very start.



or...



When the weather outside is frightful,
         Snowman Soup can be delightful.
         May it warm your spirit and your soul.
         Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!


         When you feel a chill or 'burrrrrr',
         Use the peppermint stick to stir.
         Add hot water and sip it slow.
         Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.



Whichever you choose, I'm sure the recipient will love the handmade gift!



Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    I've never visited your blog and boy,oh boy,have I been missing out!! Great talent!

    I love the corrugated/crimped look here! Going to look thru my Cardmaker mag. and then peruse your blog!

    ReplyDelete